A site for Gean, Geen, Gheen, Jean, Jeane, Jane, Jayne (e, es, s) Family Researchers.
Top 10 Indicators That You Have Become A Gene-Aholic:
10. You introduce your daughter as your descendent.
9. You've never met any of the people you send e-mail to, even though you're related.
8. You can recite your lineage back eight generations, but can't remember your nephew's name.
7. You have more photographs of dead people than living ones.
6. You've taken a tape recorder and/or notebook to a family reunion.
5. You've not only read the latest GEDCOM standard, but you also understand it.
4. The local genealogy society borrows books from you.
3. The only film you've seen in the last year was the 1880 census index.
2. More than 1/2 of your book collection is made up of marriage records or pedigrees.
1. Your elusive ancestor has been spotted in more different places than Elvis!
I'd Rather Do Genealogy!
Cooking? Cleaning? I'd Rather do Genealogy!
They think that I should cook and clean, and be a model wife.
I tell them it's more interesting to study Grandpa's life.
They simply do not understand why I hate to go to bed . . .
I'd rather do two hundred years of research work instead.
Why waste the time we have on earth just snoring and asleep?
When we can learn of ancestors that sailed upon the deep?
We have priests, Rabbis, lawmen, soldiers, more than just a few.
And yes, there's many scoundrels, and a bootlegger or two.
How can a person find this life an awful drudge or bore?
When we can live the lives of all those folks who came before?
A hundred years from now of course, no one will ever know
Whether I did laundry, but they'll see our Tree and glow . . .
'Cause their dear old granny left for them, for all posterity,
not clean hankies and the like, but a finished family tree.
My home may be untidy, 'cause I've better things to do . . .
I'm checking all the records to provide us with a clue.
Old great granny's pulling roots and branches out with glee,
Her clothes ain't hanging out to dry, she's hung up on The Tree.
Site Dedicated to…
Those who came before us and gave us our love of family history…
And to those we will leave behind…who we love more!
Copyright 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2015 - Gean-ealogy Research Association ~ All Rights Reserved
Do not copy or extract data or photos, except for use in your personal research.
If you have any questions use this link to contact the site hosts
Thank you for visiting! You are the
Site Created: Sunday, 1 January 2006
Last Updated: Tuesday, 22 December 2015